Genome-wide association analysis of imputed data
- Status: Stable
- Compile ProbABEL from source: Download the source code and unpack (tar -xzf probabel-0.4.2.tar.gz). Then read the instructions in the doc/INSTALL file. The signature files can be used to verify that the files identical to the original and have not been tampered with (e.g. run gpg --verify probabel-0.4.2.tar.gz.asc).
[ stable source code, GPG signature ].
- Debian Linux packages: ProbABEL has recently been included in Debian 'unstable'. We expect it to migrate to 'testing' and hopefully later 'stable'. The ProbABEL page in the Debian Package Tracking System, containing the latest information, can be found here.
- .deb packages for Ubuntu: If you are running Ubuntu (or one of its derivative distributions like Kubuntu or Linux Mint), take a look at the GenABEL PPA for easy installation of the ProbABEL package. Basically it boils down to following these steps:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:l.c.karssen/genabel-ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install probabel
- MS Windows packages: We have prepared packages for 64bit Windows (GPG signature) and 32bit Windows (GPG signature). Please note that none of the current ProbABEL developers use Windows for these kind of analyses, so these binaries have not been tested.
- Quick start: after installation: cd examples; more README, followed by running one or more of the
- Tutorial: would someone like to contribute one?
- Manual: [ PDF |
HTML ] (please note that the PDF version is usually more up-to-date than the HTML version)
- Reference: ProbABEL package for genome-wide association analysis of imputed data
- Known issues: see our bug tracker
Development of this package was financially supported by grants from
the Centre for Medical Systems Biology (CMSB), The Netherlands;
the Netherlands Genomics Initiative (NGI),
the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO),
the Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands,
the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) and