Genome-wide association analysis of imputed data
- Status: Stable
- Compile ProbABEL from source: Download the source code and unpack (tar -xzf probabel-0.4.1.tar.gz). Then read the instructions in the doc/INSTALL file. The signature files can be used to verify that the files identical to the original and have not been tampered with (e.g. run gpg --verify probabel-0.4.1.tar.gz.asc).
[ stable source code, GPG signature ].
- .deb packages: If you are running Ubuntu (or one of its derivative distributions like Kubuntu or Linux Mint) or Debian Linux, take a look at the GenABEL PPA for easy installation of the ProbABEL package. Basically it boils down to following these steps:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:l.c.karssen/genabel-ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install probabel
- Quick start: after installation: cd examples; more README, followed by running one or more of the
- Tutorial: would someone like to contribute one?
- Manual: [ PDF |
HTML ] (please note that the PDF version is usually more up-to-date than the HTML version)
- Reference: ProbABEL package for genome-wide association analysis of imputed data
- Known issues: see our bug tracker
Development of this package was financially supported by grants from
the Centre for Medical Systems Biology (CMSB), The Netherlands;
the Netherlands Genomics Initiative (NGI),
the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO),
the Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
and the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR).